Monday, April 10, 2017

Solo travel in Tanay, Rizal



My first solo travel from way baaack 2015. Its was just a random weekday and I have nothing to do so I decided to try something that's on my bucketlist for so looong. I know Tanay, Rizal is just a 2-hour drive from my hometown but I still consider this as a milestone in my travel/adventure life. It all starts with little things, right?

First stop, Daranak Falls and Batlag Falls which are very popular tourist attractions. Good thing I go on a weekday. The falls are not crowded that time. If I remember it right, there's an entrance fee of 50php per head for Daranak falls and a separate fee of 150php for Batlag Falls as it is a private falls. I really enjoyed swimming in the falls as it give a relaxing and fresh feeling.

 




Second stop, Our Lady of Rawan Grotto. I don't even know this place before but my tour guide suggest that I must see the overlooking view of this grotto which is so worth it! it's one of the beauty of solo travelling, you can try different things and be more adventurous.


Last is the Parola Light house where you can also see the Laguna de bay port. It is best to go here during sunset. I wasn't able to go up that time because it is closed already but I still enjoy the view. Some bangkeros (fisherman) also offers a bangka ride for 20php per head.


Palm tree dress: Forever21 | Sun glasses: Rayban Aviator | Flip flops: Ipanema
Locations: Daranak Falls | Batlag Falls | Our Lady of Rawan Grotto | Parola Lighthouse

I decided to try solo travelling because during that time, I was about to start working abroad. I think that if I will have to go (work) alone in another country, I must try it first in my own country, my own province which is Rizal (Rizal Mabuhay!). There's so many things that I like doing solo like going to mall, shopping (retail therapy!), going to salon or have a massage or facial. I don't know, some people find it weird but I love doing these things alone. I find fulfillment in accomplishing things on my own plus I considered it as a "Me time" where I can reflect or think things through. It's just the same feeling as solo travelling specially if you have a very beautiful overlooking view (maybe that's why they always associate mountains with all the hugot lines LOL).

Tanay, Rizal is very rich in natural resources. It has falls, mountains, caves, lots of overlooking view where you can even see Laguna de bay and Pililia wind farm. Okay, I'm being a biased Rizaleña here but I promise you guys, It is so worth it! You must try it at least once in your life. You can do a day visit like in my itinerary or you can even stay overnight as there are lots of resorts in Tanay. You can check nearest resort and hotels in Rizal here.

Ali

Stay Updated!

No comments: